|resources:||Home About, FAQ Screenshots Installation Bugs|
BTW, you can use Crash Recovery with Cache Fixer functionality.
People asking me: «Sometimes I can’t see cached images in ILO. I use a big-big-big cache, but your extension doesn’t show images from it.»
The cache, no matter how big or small, has the bug 105843:
- On startup, Mozilla loads the index file (_CACHE_MAP_) into memory;
- Mark _CACHE_MAP_ on disk with "dirty" flag;
- Write _CACHE_MAP_ from memory on disk without "dirty" flag on shutdown;
- so, if Mozilla crashes at step 3, step 4 is skipped and _CACHE_MAP_ (on disk) keeps the "dirty" flag;
- On next startup, Mozilla checks the flag and if it is "dirty", cleans up all cache;
Cache Fixer extension drops the "dirty" flag on every startup and if Mozilla crashes, you still loose cached data, but only the current (crashed) session. I think it’s better, than loosing all cached data.